LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The new timber logistics market research from Technavio indicates negative growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic Crisis and Recovery analysis of the timber logistics market.
“One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the Increasing Demand for Paper-based Packaging,” says a senior analyst for the Industrials industry at Technavio.
The demand for tissue paper and packaging materials made from wood pulp is expected to increase, owing to the growing demand for packaging needs in emerging and e-commerce markets. Also, the growing digitalization has resulted in a decline in demand for newsprint and other printing papers. Moreover, companies are also looking for sustainable packaging and are opting for paper-based packaging instead of plastics. Therefore, there is a growing demand for paper and paperboard packaging, which will increase the demand for wood. This, in turn, will drive the demand for timber logistics, fueling market growth.
As the markets recover Technavio expects the timber logistics market size to grow by USD 3.50 billion during the period 2020-2024.
Timber Logistics Market Segment Highlights for 2020
- The timber logistics market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of 4.95%.
- Industrial roundwood consists of pulpwood, saw logs, veneer logs, and other industrial roundwood that are used for fence posts and telegraph poles. Additionally, these products can also be used for any purpose other than energy.
- Market growth in this segment will be slower than the growth of the market in the others segment.
- 36% of the growth will originate from the APAC region.
- The increasing demand for paper-based packaging, rising imports and exports of lumber, and increasing demand for timber in the construction industry will significantly influence timber logistics market growth in this region.
- China and India are the key markets for timber logistics in APAC. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in MEA and South America.
Click here to learn about report detailed analysis and insights on how you can leverage them to grow your business.
Related Reports on Industrials Include:
Global Glue Laminated Timber Market: The glue laminated timber market size has the potential to grow by USD 1.57 billion during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period. To get extensive research insights: Click and Get FREE Sample Report in Minutes!
Global Decking Market: The decking market size has the potential to grow by USD 4.89 billion during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period because of the steady increase in the year-over-year growth. Click and Get FREE Sample Report in Minutes!
- The timber logistics market size is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of almost 6% during the forecast period.
- The timber logistics market is segmented by Type (industrial roundwood, fuelwood, and others) and Geographic Landscape (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America).
- The market is concentrated due to the presence of a few established vendors holding significant market share.
- The research report offers information on several market vendors, including Barloworld Transport (Pty) Ltd., Biewer Lumber LLC, Champion Freight (NZ) Ltd., Dalaro Shipping AB, Deutsche Bahn AG, Euroforest Ltd., Forest and Wood Products Australia Ltd., J. and J. Denholm Ltd., Kuehne + Nagel International AG, and Trimble Inc.
Register for a free trial today to access 17,000+ market research reports using Technavio’s SUBSCRIPTION platform
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help…