TRANSPIRE006, Rail Logistics Coordinator
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey, we’re proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To maintain and control all resources for the implementation of the depot work bank ensuring the most efficient resource is used.
- To provide a wide range of administrative support services to an operational contract or functional team.
What will this role involve?
- This role will take direction from Business Support Coordinator/Manager and senior team members, be mostly reactive.
- Maintain and update records within various management information systems
- Distribute and share information internally to ensure customer / delivery needs are met
- Undertake general ‘team’ administrative duties as and when required
- Undertake other basic business support duties as part of a team
- Input to and maintain spread sheets/databases/systems and produce and collate reports
- Raise purchase orders and arrange payment of invoices
- Provide cover for reception where appropriated/required
- Good receipt delivery notes on SAP
- Maintain office systems in an orderly manner
- Assist with the delivery of services to the client as prescribed by team leader/management
- Assist and resolve invoice parked and blocked list
- Monitor and maintain stationary and welfare consumable stock levels
What will this role require?
- OLE, Pway or Civils exposure is desirable
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Previous experience of working in a generalist administration/business support role
- Friendly and professional manner
- Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a polite, pleasant and helpful attitude
- Good verbal and written communication
- Proactive, conscientious and confident in their approach
- Enthusiastic, act with initiative
- Experience/use of MS Word and Excel in a general administrative role
- Desirable: SAP Knowledge
What makes this role unique?
The Transpennine Route is a major transport artery for the UK and for the communities and economies across the north of England. It runs for 76 miles between Manchester, Leeds, York, Selby and onto Humberside. It’s a hugely popular route and passenger numbers have doubled over the past 25 years. Millions of people that work, study and live alongside the railway depend on it every year.
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a multi-billion pound investment programme that will deliver a high performing, reliable railway for passengers with more seats, more trains and faster journeys between Manchester and York via Huddersfield and Leeds. It is the biggest railway transformation the north has seen since the Victorian era.
TRU is made up of three programmes: West of Leeds, Leeds Central and East of Leeds. The West of Leeds Alliance (TRU West) is responsible for the…