Cleaner Permanent Full Time – Sault Ste. Marie News
Job Title: Cleaner
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When a suitable candidate is selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment and you must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
As a cleaner, under the supervision of the FBO Manager, your responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing designated facility areas/floor all while maintaining good housekeeping and safe working environment.
General cleaning duties which include and are not limited to:
• Maintaining clean hangars and offices by vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and dusting.
• Providing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting methods in high-traffic areas to mitigate COVID-19 risks.
• Working independently while cleaning and tidying lunch room and kitchen areas.
• Replenishing supplies where appropriate (restrooms, kitchen areas, etc).
• Emptying garbage bins.
• Polishing glass surfaces.
• Light lifting required.
• Working in conjunction with maintenance personnel as needed.
• Regularly assist with inventory control counts for office, coffee and cleaning supplies orders.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, taking own initiative with work.
• Capable of completing repetitive tasks, which may include bending, kneeling, and crouching.
• Work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management skills, ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask
• Ability to adapt and be flexible with the daily fluxes in tasks, obstacles, schedule, and general occurrences.
• Ability to read and understand Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) labels on products to understand applicable safety cautions.
• Completed high school or equivalent
• Previous cleaning or janitorial experience is considered an asset.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Standing for extended periods of time
• Must have reliable mode of transportation
• Must have clean criminal background and provide a valid police criminal record check.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
Typical benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Paid vacation in accordance with federal government requirements
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our fourteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of diversified and experienced employees.
We hope for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.